Sunday, December 3

I'm Sick

Yesterday morning I started feeling like crap. By last night I was in such a state that in the car ride home I pulled up my hood and tried to hold my head up with my hands because my neck wasn't going to be able to handle the weight. The whole time during the supper I didn't even want to look or talk to anyone. I just wanted to go home to bed. Although, the meal was really good and I laughed a bit I mostly just sat and stared or rubbed my temples to try and get some of that crap moving around in my sinus'.

I stopped at the store on the way home to buy some drugs. Everyone has their "thing" that they take when they are sick. So, I took my dad's advice and bought some nasal spray to clean out my nose. I also bought some liquid cold medicine because it makes me feel better than pills. I opened up the bottle and was greeted with the wretched smell of black licorice. Seriously, they should put a warning on those bottles.

Warning: "This is going to taste like a Flaming Sambuca shot"

It's a good thing I can't taste too well but I still gagged the whole time trying to swallow it. 7 dollars down the drain. I was then bombarded with memories of white water kayaking when I received the "award" of Most Out Of Control Kayaker of the trip. I was then handed a thick glove and a metal pop can cut in half with a utility knife full of Flaming Sambuca. Literally, I had to blow it out and down it. I received many awards that night and woke up in the back of the Kelsey van on the floor with my teacher poking me in the back with a twig to see if I was still alive. It wasn't a good morning and I definitely didn't want to taste this memory last night.

Now, I have to go back to the store and buy some cherry flavored medicine so I can sleep tonight and be better for work on Monday. Wish me luck.

10 comments:

Rach said...

Ah, at least you didn't win the award for "best screamer". Apparently my screams could be heard even when I was under water. Good times :P

I hope that you feel better soon.

Becky said...

Awwww... I wish I could come over with some cough syrup and tuck you in with some Frasier on the TV.

*Hugs.

Toad said...

i've been watching corner gas all day. i would way rather have frasier. that would rock.

lol @ rach screaming like a mad woman. that was so fun. i still can't beleive i went down that and survived. the second time i didn't end up so lucky and sat on a rock for over an hour.

Melissa said...

BOOBS

Toad said...

LOL

Reeeeeaaaaaaaaal Mature.

Oh great now I'm giggling all alone in my dark basement.

lol.

Carol said...

I hope you feel better. I hate the cherry flavored stuff, so I would much rather have the licorice tasting medicine.

I LOVE Frasier.

Unknown said...

Wow. You should tell me what kind of cold medicine that was so I can avoid it like the plague. Log it away in my memory so I can never go through that. I'd probably throw up, and I hate throwing up more than anything. I like NyQuil. And Robitussin is pretty good. But Kyle makes me drink Buckley's. I cry.

Anonymous said...

Any cough medicine that has the ability to bring back such vivid memories.. I stand up and applaud! woo hoo!
... oh.. those were the days when we drank so much... why? no clue. we just did. and we were heroes?
man.. you make me laugh.

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon. I firmly stand by the fact that there are no good cough medicines, and they all make me act like a three year old when I down them. I love the NyQuill and DayQuill liquid gell pills. That's all I'll take. And maybe some Neocitran if I'm really sick.

Trav said...

ok... get this... buckleys comes in pill form... it's my medicine... it works really well... and you don't puke or gag or die from the taste... and even better... it's in daytime and night time form... it's wonderful