Friday, December 1

How I Got Melissa To Make Me Supper



Wednesday: I planted the seed

Thursday morning: I watered the seed

Thursday evening: I watched it grow

Last night I had the best meal ever. After some begging, Melissa made me scalloped potatoes, ham and tossed salad. This is one of my favorite meals. I'm so grateful. We cancelled out all the food by attending Muscle Sculpt and then watched Grey's together and ate. I had two plates full. I think after the first plate I said something like "I want to eat more but I think it will make me sick if I do". I ate more. It was so good. I'm not sure if all the food contributed to my very strange dream:

It was the Vanier Cup. I was with these weird tribal people who had told me that I was wiccan. I asked them how they knew because I had no idea. They said that they put me in a hypnotic state and found out I had powers and I was a witch. I hung out with them some more because I wanted to find out what my powers were. Then as my tribal group of friends stood on the side lines while I tried to levitate a rock unsuccessfully the snow birds flew over. Except, they weren't flying their usual planes. They were in these really pretty colored paper mache planes that floated so gracefully. Then the pretty pink one flew straight up and a giant flower appeared in the air and it flew right into the center of the flower. The flower closed in around it and fluttered to the ground. Some circus guy came out into the middle of the field and opened up the flower and the paper mache plane was gone and a cricket crawled out onto the circus guy's hand. All my tribal friends looked at me like I had just preformed a magic trick and started chanting and dancing around me. Then I woke up. It looked a little something like this:



I know it's not as nice as Becky's pictures but I try.

10 comments:

Smarmy Boss said...

Well I could have told you that you were a witch, and I don't need any special powers.

That's an awesome picture. Good work.

Melissa said...

Yeah. I forgot to tell you. I slipped a little something into your potatoes.

Carol said...

The meal sounds and looks wonderful. If you want to have even stranger dreams, try taking some Q10 right before bed.

Trav said...

iwas reading the dream part and i just wasn't getting it... seriously... i was like..."wha??"... then i saw the picture and i was like... "ahhhh she was a wiccan witch.... i get it now... it's a good thing she put that picture there or i would have been lost forever" that may not have been exactly what i said... but it was pretty close...

Anonymous said...

I would love that meal. I had a friend once who made incredible scalloped potatoes. We drifted apart, and that's the only thing I really miss about her. I hear she's rather pretentious now, but oh those potatoes. As for ham, I could never eat or look at another turkey as long as I live if ham showed up on the menu for every holiday, and umm...every tuesday.

Margaret said...

I'm thinking of having ham for our Christmas gathering instead of Turkey. Any objections. We'll still have Art's cabbage rolls and I'll still make cabbage borscht, and Carolyn can still make scalloped potatoes. I just thought ham instead of turkey.

Anonymous said...

I'll pray for you.

Becky said...

I object.

Carol said...

Becky objects. That's it then, we can't have ham at Christmas.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good deal. I wonder who I could coerce into making me food. But maybe not that one, it apparently makes you have crazy dreams. Wow. As if my dreams weren't strange enough on their own.

AND I also object, Auntie Margaret!! Turkey is one of the best things about Christmas. Leftover turkey is probably second best. Then presents.

Unless we do both, then I'm good.