Tuesday, November 13

Holy Shit Sticks Batman! A New Post

There are only a few things that bring me that special tingly excitement. Sends shivers up my spine. Makes me run around my apartment waving my hands in a mad furry like a conductor. It's this....



So, tonight while I make my stew and write this post I have pulled out from the trenches my Phantom Of the Opera CD. Not just any CD. The whole thing right through, with all the talking all the music. It's brilliant. I'm currently at the part where Christine first sings in front of the crowd. She's in her dressing room and the Phantom appears in her mirror.

"I am your angel, come to me angel of music.

I am your angel of music. Come to me angel of music.

Christine! Angel!"

Baaaa ba ba ba ba baaaaaa badum.....

Ah, then comes the part where he controls her and takes her over. Oh man! I remember my mom bought me tickets when I was 14 for my birthday. She took me out for supper first. It was amazing. I was so caught up with it, that at one point I saw the Phantom lurking around in the rafters, ready to pounce. I stood up and pointed, not being able to stay in my seat.

"Sing, my angel of music"

"Sing"

"Sing for me"

"Sing my angel of music!"

At this part she's just belting it out, and then she hits this note that will make the hairs of your arms stand up. And she's so beautiful with her long hair and her dress and the Phantom standing over her all powerful and crap.

There's few things that I can remember. Ask Becky. But this, everything. I can see it all in my head. I can't wait.

CAN'T WAIT!!!

I have a favorite part. The whole stage looks just like this. They are celebrating New Years Eve and they think they got rid of the Phantom and Christine and Raoul can be together. Anyways, he shows up at the top of the staircase. Everyone freezes and he slowly walks down the steps. Each step the orchestra makes this low, lurking evil footstep sound and it's awesome.








The last clip is from the movie, not as good as real life. I just wanted you to see the part where he walks down the stairs cause it's great.

Also, there's this part when they are on the rooftop....



(Again from the movie but it was hard to find good clips)

I'm so excited.

7 comments:

Becky said...

This is what I should have done with my life. I can't believe it's really coming.

Anonymous said...

Phantom Sucks.

Tricia

Christine said...

I remember that. You were so excited you were vibrating! LOL Is phantom coming?? Reply quickly so I don't ger all worked up over nothing. My favorite part was when he was on the roof. I almost jumped up and yelled "He is on the rooof! scream! LOL!!I am glad that I have not got so artsy farst-sy that I can't enjoy life. Phantom Rocks my world.

Becky said...

Tricia. You are getting to be a bit of a nuisance. Someone should really take you in hand.

Anonymous said...

Tricia Sucks.

Donna

John said...

I am almost as excited as you Ang, can't wait.

Becky said...

They came today. They're sitting on my dresser. Oh man.