Sunday, August 12

Never judge a book by its cover

I was thinking the other day about how I have preconceived notions about what a person is like before they even open their mouth. I think its probably a bad thing. But I wonder, how many of you are like that too?
Like.. when you see a group of teenage boys together and they are walking your way, do you fear for your safety?
when you see a senior driving a car, do you immediately assume they are a bad driver?
When you meet a shy woman, do you assume too quickly that they are stuck up?

I need to stop doing this.
That said.. sometimes after talking to people a little bit I put them into the 'smart' or 'silly' or 'not worth my time' categories as well. That probably isn't fair either.

Do people judge me that way? probably do.
let the judgment cease!
didn't someone say...thou shalt not judge?

... I need a brownie.

6 comments:

Sue said...

After answering yes to most of your questions I realize that I am quite judgmental. One more thing on my list of things a need to change about myself.

Smarmy Boss said...

I just assume I'll hate everyone I don't know and then let them win me over.

But what people really want to know is your new boyfriend. I know of him but I want gossip!

Anonymous said...

new boyfriend??
DO TELL!

Anonymous said...

i like this post... it's good...

i categorize you as smart, yet silly, and worth the time

Becky said...

I categorize you as more than meets the eye.

Christine said...

Transformers...more than meets the eye.