Wednesday, June 13

Hang In There

This is what I'm doing. I feel like I'm "hanging in there". When someone feels like they are hanging onto a rope there's not much to blog about. I'm not exactly sure what I've been doing lately but I've been doing stuff. So, here it is.

My Train Trip:
(Yes, the one I took this winter)
(Yes, I know it's summer)

The train is highly recommended for many reasons:
- it's not a smelly bus, it's a smelly train
- there's much more leg room
- you get your own pillow and blanket and night pack which includes ear plugs, eye mask and a face cloth.
- you can walk around, go to the eating room, have breakfast or just sit
- the "tooooot toooot" and "chugalugga chugalugga" are very relaxing
- you feel very safe
- the staff are all super friendly and speak with french accents which I love
- on sale days its cheaper than the bus and on not sale days it's about the same price as the bus
- did I mention it's not the bus?

The train leaves at a really late or early time. 2:15am. But, the way I see it is then you don't waste precious daylight hours travelling.



Here I am in front of the station:



Another great pro...free coffee! What? No! Yeya!


Yummy!


Sick of your seat? Someone getting on your nerves? Get up and leave!


Can't complain either way you travel when at the end of your trip you get to see these guys:




Also, seeing my pister is always a pro. We bond though, no matter where we are.


Ah, good trip now for the sleepy ride home:




I hope this was the substance filled post you have been waiting for. If not, hang in there. There's still my hockey tournament. Yes, that was in the winter too.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

how GREAT to see a new entry.
Loved it!
Loved the pictures.
I've never been on a train.
have no clue.
But now your experience has enticed me to try it out for myself.
yep...
you heard me..
en-TICED.
its a big powerful word.

you rock.

John said...

yes ang, it may not have been world shattering news, but even though I knew you went on the train, I still liked the post.

Unknown said...

Now EVERYONE has been on the train!! You have, my friend has... uh....
and, uh... that... other person??

Uhhh....


Okay, so there actually isn't anyone else. But it makes me jealous. I want my own ear plugs. Can you take them home after? That's exciting. I'd hang them on the wall.

footsack said...

That was great. I don't care when it happened. News is news and this one was good. Thanks for the post.

Becky said...

Hanging on to a rope. Hard to blog. Yes.... That seems like a good excuse. 'Cause you'd have to use your hands to blog and then you'd let go of the rope. Which would mean you weren't hanging in there anymore.

I'll be there tomorrow, so just hang on a little longer Angeloser. (I'm trying out a new nickname for you. Do you like it?)

Anonymous said...

"pardon me boy...

is that the chatanooga choo chooooo!

Track twenty niiiiiine!

Can you give me a shiiiiiine!"

damn I love show tunes. : )

Toad said...

I can afford

To board a Chattanooga choo choo

I've got my fare

And just a trifle to spare!

Carol said...

I went on a train once in my life. And that was so long ago, I hardly remember it. But it was only from Saskatoon to Edmonton. Makes me want to go on a train again.