Thursday, November 23

Out Into The Void

So, all this time I've been plucking my nose hairs thinking that after time it won't hurt as much as it does. I have always assumed that, like waxing, you would get used to it. I just can't. It seems to get worse. I don't know what to do. I have nose hairs and I want them gone but as I stood in front of my mirror for my "get ready for bed nightly close up inspection of myself" I saw them. I grabbed my tweezers and I paused and I thought about it.

Do I really want to do this to myself? I've had a good night. Why end it in tears and sneezing and jumping up and down in odd tingling pain just to get out a couple hairs?

I know that I have to do something about them. I just don't know what.

Now, here's where we cross the line from being open to actually being totally frank.

What do you people do with yours?

I think I would like to try something like this:



(This is my third post of the day I think that is a record for me. *pretends to sling golden medal over head and rest gently around neck.)

7 comments:

Sue said...

You should talkk to Aunty Margaret E. She may be able to do something permanent about nose hair. I personally leave mine alone. I haven't actually noticed that they are there. Haven't noticed tht yours are bad either, but we are our own worst critics. You are beautiful!

Melissa said...

I hate mine too. Sometimes they stick out of my nose. It's gross.
I've tried plucking, but it hurts way too much. I have a little trimmer thing that I use when they become noticable. But you can't get close enough to totally get rid of them. So they become short little hairs on the inside of your nose. It's REALLY itchy. Makes me sneeze. But you can't seen them anymore.

Unknown said...

Uhh... I've never really seemed to have a problem with them, but then again, maybe I just haven't looked. *shrug*

footsack said...

I just leave them. Just the thought of plucking them makes my eyes water. OUCH!!

Carol said...

You have nose hair? I don't! j/k

I haven't actually had an issue with those little suckers poking outta my nose. But I am sure you can get a ear and nose hair trimmer that would be less painful than plucking. They likely are in the gentleman's section, as I recall seeing an advertisement for them on t.v

Becky said...

I love being blonde sometimes.

Shirley said...

Ok so I just went to the mirror to check my nose hairs...just as I thought...not an issue. But that's ok, I have enough other issues to worry about.

BUT...you are actually NOT supposed to pluck out your nose hairs...according to some health-so-and-so. They are there for a reason...to filter out the crap pollution in the air and keep your lungs clean - or something like that.

With that said - I'm sure I would still pluck mine out if I needed to.