Thursday, September 7

Yeah!

I just got a 100 dollar donation!!!!! Giddy up.

I got this email this morning. I like the timeline.


Queen City Marathon 2006
Regina,SK

Hi there!

Are you sick of these emails yet? Don't worry, it will all be over soon.

Couple of important things. If you already know something I mention, skip to the bits you don't know.

Race Package Pickup Location

MacKenzie Art Gallery, 3475 Albert Street (in the TC Douglas Building, corner of Albert Street and 23rd Avenue, right next to where the start/finish area is located). We are located in the Learning Centre, main floor.

Come in the main doors of the TC Douglas Building.
Turn left.
Go through the sliding glass doors into the MacKenzie Art Gallery.
Make "swish swish" Star-Trek door-opening sound as you go through sliding glass doors.
Look to your right at the really cool, artsy stuff for sale at the Gallery Shop (or it could be "Shoppe! ", it's that artsy)
Turn right.
Straight ahead are the two glass doors of the Learning Centre.
Go through door.
No need to make the Star-Trek sound effect. Once is funny, twice is just geekie.

Race Package Pickup Times

Thursday 4:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Friday 1:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Saturday 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM

LONG BEFORE THE RACE STARTS, WRITE ANY IMPORTANT MEDICAL INFORMATION ON THE BACK OF YOUR RACE BIB
(allergies, medications you are taking, medical conditions, etc)


NOTICE OF ROAD CLOSURE:

From 8:30 AM until 2:00 PM on Sunday, Albert Street (for visitors, that's the big street running north and south near the start/finish area) will be CLOSED at College Ave! nue and at 23rd Avenue. This is a precaution put i! nto plac e by the QCM, the City of Regina and the Regina Police Service, in order to increase the safety of our full marathon participants who cross Albert Street at Regina Avenue heading out and again at 22nd Avenue coming back. This is also being done to hopefully eliminate some of the traffic jams that occured on the Albert Street Bridge last year.

Please plan your route to and from the start/finish area accordingly. Since the closure does not take effect until 8:30 AM - half an hour after the race starts - I will hope that you will be at the starting area long before the road is closed.

If you have friends and family coming down to see you at the finish line, please warn them in advance of this road closure, so that they can have extra time to find an alternate route to the finish area.


Race Start Times on Sunday

6:30 AM - Start/Finish area and Bag Drop Off T! ent opens
7:55 AM - Wheelchair marathon start
8:00 AM - Start of Full Marathon, Relay Marathon, Half Marathon Run, Half Marathon Walk
8:01 AM - race director collapses in tearful exhaustion
8:45 AM - Start of McDonald's Mini Marathon
8:50 AM - Start of Super Masters Mini Marathon
11:00 AM - race director officially drunk and doesn't care who knows it
2:00 PM - Course officially closes
2-ish PM - most dedicated marathoner crosses finish line
3:00 PM - some smartaleck dares semi-comatose race director to stay involved in 2007 event, to the regret of all


AND LAST, BUT NOT LEAST...THANK A VOLUNTEER! HECK, THANK TWO OF 'EM!

See you on Sunday, folks. Smile and enjoy whatever the day brings.

Doug

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Congrats! Hope you have a great time. The only thing that I can relate this to, is hiking in Nepal for hundreds of miles at ridiculous elevations. Sometimes I'd just look at my feet and wonder why they were still going one in front of the other, as though they were detached from my body. But when someone asked me to stop and rest, I just couldn't do it. There's a momentum to it that I liked, and my word, it hurt so badly. My feet have never been the same, and I'll never wear sandles again without being ashamed, and a little proud. My feet look like that cause I climbed a mountain at 16,000 feet. Sweet. Good for you Ang, wish I could see it.

Carol said...

Wow I had no idea your race was being held in Regina. That is a neat email. Gotta love the sense of humor. Poor race director getting drunk before noon. :)

Anonymous said...

Good for you Angie!! I admire your tenacity. I could never run that far. Heck I can barely make it up my stairs.
auntie Mitz

Unknown said...

Yay for donations. That email is hilarous. "Swish-swish".

Rach said...

Good luck, you are going to do great!

Anonymous said...

hey Ang,

I dont' know if you remember me..but I'm Becky's friend Trish.

I just wanted to wish you luck with your marathon! I have a friend coming up for it too.

PS
LOVE YOUR BLOG!..you're a funny...funny girl...(or maybe I'm the funny girl cuz I think you're funny..or maybe I'm just warped...either way...GOOD LUCK!)

Trish