Monday, August 28

Retraction

I would like to retract a statement I have made on my blog.

One question I answered....What do you miss the most?

Another World. Man I miss that show. I missed every class in highschool that landed at 1pm so much that my parents had to call and get me back in because the teachers would assume I dropped it. Poor Miss Schaff my history teacher would try so hard to get me to come. Then I did that project where me and Shauntelle did a life on the farm report and snuck some of her grandma's alcohol and got tipsy and took pictures of cows fornicating and put it up on the slide show at school. "Reproduction is a very important part of farm life" followed by 10 pictures of cows getting frisky. Followed by pictures of us pretending to drive farm equipment and shovelling poo. I got in some trouble over that one. I sure thought it was funny. Yeah that's what I miss too. Going to the farm with Shauntelle. Once we thought it would be fun to roll up in foam mattresses and roll down the stairs. Shantelle broke her arm...It got loose during a big leap down the flight. Awesome.

I miss pretending to be a mermaid in our little above ground pool. And Shauntelle and Lori fought over who was my best friend so they could us me for my pool.

I miss rink fries smothered in gravy.

I miss getting all dressed up to meet boys at the rink.

I miss going mountain biking in the rain at the monkey hills with Kyla. Once we went and had to go to church after and I still had mud in my ear and Kyla looked over, put her finger in my ear and picked it out. Good friend.

I miss cutting all of Andrea Letkeman's hair off because I watched a home ec. video at school and told her I knew how to do it. Locked in my parents bathroom with my mom knocking wondering what the heck we were up to, I destroyed Andrea's long pretty hair.

I miss going to the gym with Annie and doing as many sit ups a human can handle then running into the gym change room and flexing our stomachs to compare 6 packs. We went sometimes twice a day. Good old Rico's.

I miss playing tag games with the kids down the street.

I miss putting makeup and dress up clothes on Jynx. Once I rode my bike to the store for pop and chips and stuck her in my backpack because I thought she would enjoy the ride.

I miss digging tunnels in the snow and jumping off the school roof into snow drifts. One caved in hard on Jonny and we could hear his muffled cry for help and we had to frantically dig to get him out. Of course back then it seemed life and death...Not sure if it was really but I'll say it was. So, I saved Jonny's life....He owes me.

I miss trimming my own bangs...So does Becky I'm sure.

I miss the coffee in Spain and the lazy life at the surf camp in portugal and everything about that trip.

I REALLY MISS OLD DUTCH MEXICAN CHILI CHIPS.

7 comments:

Becky said...

Oh man... My stomach. That is officially your funniest post IMO. I laughed so hard I cried. I can't even say which part I thought was funniest, cept I really liked the part with Jynx in the backpack. I did that once too. How did that cat live so long?

Becky said...

I just read it again. Now my favorite is when Shauntelle breaks her arm. Oh man... My stomach.

I miss rink fries too. How about when I come into town at the end of the month we go get some? We'll get all gussied up and flirt with the hockey dads and the hockey moms can glare at us.

Carol said...

Another World? Holy cow, I remember watching that when I had sick days from high school and then work. It's been forever since I saw that show.

Anonymous said...

oh man, i've been thinking about mexican chili chips and craving them so much lately!!!!! they made those new southwestern ones, but they're not near as good... oh mexican chili... come back...!

Toad said...

I REMEMBER BEING IN LINE WITH JYNX IN MY BACKPACK AND SHE WAS MEOWING THAT LOUD HORRIBLE MEOW AND I JUST KEPT STANDING THERE LIKE NOTHING WAS IN MY BAG AND PEOPLE WERE LOOKING AT ME. I USED TO TRIM HER WISKERS TOO.

footsack said...

Poor old Jynx. I also wonder how that cat lived that long. lol

Unknown said...

I miss Mexican Chili chips, too, they were so good!! And Carribbean Spice were also fabulous.

I remember going to Warman Crusaders games and sharing fries and gravy with my brothers and then running around the rink. I thought those were the best fries ever.

This was hilarious.