Monday, October 30

Ever notice that even the busiest people are never too busy to tell you just how busy they are?

No? Well, let me tell you about it.

In an effort to pay off my cats surgery and get all caught up I have taken on a part time job. So, every Wed-Fri I will be serving food at Alberto's. If you have never heard of Alberto's imagine a 2 foot sub. Or, portion servings too large for a large man to eat. If you haven't eaten there....this cartoon is an accurate example of the food.



The plates are heavy. It hurts. I can only carry one in each hand. I tried to so the balance two in one but my previously broken pinkie finger just will not allow it. So, I started last week and I'm tired and my feet hurt at the end of the night. I like the tips and I like that its not a fancy place. Just what I wanted. Nice places expect too much. And I don't have much to give when it involves customer service.

Now I only have two nights in the week that I can make it to the gym to work out. And voila my week is full. I also have to clean my house and make food. This won't be leaving much time for anything else. I'm sad but at least I still have my weekends.

Shyla is doing much better. This is bad. I find her doing things she's not supposed to be doing. The more she acts like a normal cat the more Libby seems to be settling down about the grudge that has been going on for over two weeks now. Although she still hisses and growls when she walks around, she doesn't bite Shyla anymore. And last night a new development. Shyla managed to sneak out of the bedroom and jump up on to the cat condo. The very condo that she fell off. She plopped herself down on the top and stayed there all night. Like a queen. Like the ruler of the house. This has seemed to be enough for Libby and the grudge has ended. The top of the condo has been recaptured and returned to its owner. So now, when I get sick of Shyla trying to run around, I stick her up there and that's where she stays. I don't think a tsunami could knock her off of it when she gets up there. She just digs in her claws and hangs on.

And what would a post of mine be without a good brag about how much food I can eat? Well, it wouldn't be a post at all. This weekend I ordered the Santa Fe breakfast from Ricki's all day grill. 3 potato pancakes, 3 eggs, bacon and two pieces of toast. I ate it all. I've never eaten it all before. If you haven't eaten breakfast at Ricki's just go. You can thank me for it later...preferably by taking me out for breakfast. And then you too can think about potato pancakes all day and all night.

That's about all I've got because I have done nothing but work. And when I'm not working I sit around dreading working.

4 comments:

Trav said...

once i have a little more money, i'm gonna come to alberto's and let you be my server... just because... and i'm gonna order a lot of stuff so you have to carry it all... and you'd better smile while you do it, and if you do not smile while you work, i will not tip you, however, i probably will tip you because i'm your cousin, and i want to be cool like you... so, i probably come and let you be my server and i will tip you well... like more than 10%

Margaret said...

Trav, the proper tip amount now is the tax times 2. That actually works out to about 12%.
I love Alberto's. The food tastes good and the prices rock for the amount of food you get. The only place where you get full on one meal, ruling out buffets.
I'm glad your cat is getting better.

Melanie said...

Awww, I love Ricky's. Peter gets a Shrimp, Goat Cheese, and Asparagus omelette, and I usually get some kind of Yukon breakfast that could feed four of me and do my best to finish it. I hate choosing between bacon or sausage or ham, so I'm usually about picking whatever breaky allows for the most meat in my diet.
Never eaten at Alberto's, but I did apply at Montanas, simply because the waitresses there get to wear jeans and listen to country music all day, so anything with that kind of atmosphere couldn't be all bad. Alas, I'm back working at my desk though, in dress pants no less. Sigh. Good for you. Glad the cat is reinstalled in her rightful place. Wow, long comment, sorry.

Carol said...

Alberto's restaurant...is that the one on Idylwyld Dr? I have heard Art talk about the unbelievable amount of food that you get when you order there. Nice to hear that some things never change. Also glad to hear that Shyla is feeling better.